Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sky


This poem is a continuation of Identity

So I am not a single entity.
I'm a conglomerate of diff'rent states.
Like Patrick Bateman, I'm illusory.
I merely am the sum of all my traits.

But people always change as they grow old
What once they loved may cease to be so dear.
The things they cherished thoughtlessly are sold,
Without the shedding of a single tear.

If we have many personalities
which, over time, can ebb and fade away,
then are these persons not fatalities?
And is their passing from this world okay?

I die as time goes by, but do not cry.
Sometimes I think that I might be the sky.

References galore. Patrick Bateman is the titular character of "American Psycho". The bit about the sky, and in some sense the poem as a whole, was inspired by Rin, of Katawa Shoujo. Again

No comments:

Post a Comment