Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Aspirations


A question I quite often contemplate:
Could I create a perfect poem form?
Regardless, I have too much on my plate
Old-timey styles are the established norm.

So what if I cannot carve my own niche?
To be original is not so great.
If coming up with something new's a bitch
Could I be blamed if I procrastinate?


Sometimes our dreams just lie beyond our reach
Our pride outpaces talents we possess
Nevertheless, our dreams can often teach
No person without dreams has been the best.

Ev'ry line's first letter should be read
Too meta, it just might explode your head


SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ UNTIL AFTER YOU'VE FINISHED THE POEM
It spells "Acrostic Sonnet", for those who have difficulty reading such things. I almost cried when I realized it had 14 letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment